Neagra aurochs Reservation

Neagra aurochs Reservation is located 48 km on the asphalt road or 21 km for the adventurous guests of the Satul Banului Guest House is one of the four Romanian aurochs reservations.

For 169 years there were no aurochs in Romania, the last one being killed in Transylvania in 1790 and the world population of aurochs fell below 50 copies until 1927.

The Aurochs appear again in Romania in the autumn of 1958, by bringing a pair from Poland and placing it in a hunting park near the town of Hateg, Hunedoara County. In 1967, the Hateg reservation brings a pair to the Trivale forest near Pitesti, creating a second growth center.

The Neagra aurochs Reservation was founded in 1983 by populating, with pairs from Poland, Hateg, and Arges, 162 hectares in the Black Forest between the Crivat and the Neagra rivers. After 1995 served as "nursery" for the other reservations in the country.

On the way to the Neagra aurochs Reservation you can also visit the ruins of the Mavros Cantacuzino Palace, the Magureni Church, the ruins of the Draghici Cantacuzino Palace, the Calinesti Church, the Pana Filipescu Mansion and the Postelnic Cantacuzino Palace, the Merchants Cross and the Ion Luca Caragiale Memorial House.

  • Loc. Bucsani, Jud. Dambovita
  • 44.8699933, 25.7315201
  • 48.6 km
  • 65 minutes
  • 0245 235054 , 0372 701581