"The Three Holy Hierarchs" Church from Filipestii de Padure, Prahova, was called "Voronetul Tarii Romanesti" by Nicolae Iorga, and was founded in 1688 by Balasa Cantacuzino.
This site was declared a UNESCO monument due to the artistic and historical value of the interior painting made by the painter Parvu Mutu.
At the entrance, above the door, there is an inscription which it is written in stone, with Slavonic letters in the old Romanian language that the church was founded in 1688 by Balasa Cantacuzino. Unfortunately, only small pieces of it have been preserved, which have been affected by the passage of time.
The outside of the church is fully plastered and varnished. The construction is solid, the walls have a thickness of about 1.5 m.
The original painting was made in 4 years by the famous painter Parvu Mutu, whose portrait is on the wall of the staircase leading to the bell tower, above which is painted in Slavonic letters: Parvu Mutu painter. In the same place are the portraits of the apprentices who worked at this church.
The entire inner mural painting was made during Pirvu Mutu’s artistic maturity period and was preserved by the local people. On the other side of the door of the narthex there is a large votive painting of the family of the great aga, Matei Cantacuzino, with 55 members (founders with brothers, sisters, children, grandparents and grandchildren). The painter surprised the expression and physiognomy of each member, thus moving from the rigid painting, to the tradition of the Byzantine painting of the saints, to the individualized portrait of the individual. Next to them is the self-portrait of the painter Parvu Mutu, considered to be the most productive artist of the Brancovenianan age, appears as a young man with a daring look, holding an icon in his hand.
The wooden iconstasis, carefully carved, has an amazingly rich sculpture, and above the deacon doors there is the two-headed cantacuzin eagle. Nowadays, in the church there is this original iconstasis, with the original icons painted by Parvu Mutu.
The church has preserved to date many old original objects: the iconostasis, all the icons, the wooden door from the entrance to the church, etc.
Architecture and paintings have remained the original ones, even though in time there have been various repairs. Restoration of wall paintings lasted more than 10 years, due to the advanced degree of degradation. Restoration of the paddock was done using technical and separate documentation. The Church of Forestry Philippiers was made a series of repairs and restoration works, which did not affect the architectural style of the church and the painting.